Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meditation Renews the Mind

Meditation Renews the Mind

Romans 12:2 NIV
2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Meditation will help you to renew your mind.

How do you renew your mind?
It starts with putting God's plan and God's ways in your heart and mind. How can one renew his/ or her mind without a replacement?

To renew your mind thus make it new, we need something new to put in it. We basically need to replace some things in there. Place God's words and ways where those old words and ways are stuck. Replace those old thoughts and mindsets that are negative and unproductive with God's promises and God's good, healthy thoughts and words.

We are told to renew our minds daily in God's Word. Sounds like a great idea and just what I need. But how do I go about this idea? Sounds simple yet complicated.

Did you try replacing those negative thoughts last week with words that remind you of God's promises? Did you say “I don't care about those negative thoughts, and I only care about God's Word and his promises”? Did you use Jeremiah 29:11-13 to replace those negative thoughts? Was is easy? Did it work like a charm? Or was it a challenge? Maybe easy at times, but not so much at other times. That was my experience. Sometimes I felt that I was unstoppable with Jeremiah 29: 11-13 and believing God's Word is all I need. Other times I had to work hard repeating to myself, “I don't care about that negative thought, I only care about God's Word.” Then I would still feel an invasion of negative thoughts and the inability to control them. Did you have a similar experience?

I learned the importance of putting more and more of God's Word in my heart ready to use when facing the battle of the mind and negative thoughts. It only reinforced my desire to know God's Word in my heart through meditation. I am convinced that I need as much of God's Word in me as possible. I know meditating will put it there. I know meditating will give me understanding of it.

I hope our lesson last week in using God's Word (that we placed in our heart) to combat negative thoughts, has opened your eyes also. I hope you are more than convinced that we need to meditate that much more.

With that said, we will continue Meditation, It's Easy Bible Study to learn more ways to meditate. I think God may have just wanted to get our attention with that study of the negative thoughts lesson. He wanted to show us how to use his Word with our minds and show us how important it is to know more and more of it. It worked for me. I want to know his Word so well that every circumstance will have Word in my heart.

If you are ready to continue learning more techniques in meditation and really applying them, please join me for Meditation, It's Easy. Let's Use It. This study continues meditation and an added bonus of learning application of the Word we learned.

If you feel interested in moving another direction, I have a new study starting on September 16, 2009. It is designed for the busy woman also. It is part of the Busy Woman's Bible Study series. It is called Walk The Bible. This study will focus on different people from the Bible and their walk. We will learn lessons from the walks but more importantly we will use our minds coupled with our imagination to be there in their walk.

This Bible study requires your imagination and visualization. You will walk through the Bible. You will see ancient times and places. You will visualize people's faces. You will hear the sounds. You may even smell the air and the scents.

Be prepared to bring your imagination alive and experience the Bible like never before. Be there. See it. Hear it. And watch your emotions come alive back in time as you sympathize and fall in love with these people in the Bible. We will probably start with Elizabeth, mother of John the Baptist, and wife of Zechariah. There is little written about her in the Bible, but God gave me some fabulous insight into her life. I would love to share it with you.

I promise you that the Bible and it's stories will look different and feel different once you have walked the Bible. Now don't feel that your imagination is unable to work well enough to join us. I will personally take you by the hand and show you how. I will help you dive in and see. All that you have to do is read slowly, stop and think about what you read – and you are there – in the Bible on a walk. Walk the Bible is going to be fun. It will be a new, exciting experience. So please join me on September 16, 2009 for this new online Bible study hosted by The Busy Woman's Bible Study. Simply email me at mail@wordforthebusywoman.com to request starting this new study, Walk the Bible.

This is an online study however if you want to organize a group Bible study to meet weekly, I will be designing it for that as well. Just let me know if you want to start your own group study at home, and I will gather your materials. You can start it any day that you want. I can email you the needed information each week. Then you simply print it for your group. I will also open a new blog designed to complement this study only. It will be used only for the Walk the Bible study with the weekly Bible Study lesson, additional notes for the group leaders, and scriptures & prayers to use along with the study.

For those of you wanting to continue with the Meditation, It's Easy Series, our next step is called Meditation, It's Easy. Let's Use it. As I mentioned before, this study will continue to teach us techniques on how to meditate, but also teach us how to use the words we have put in our hearts. We will meditate and put God's Word in our hearts and then use those words with daily application. The first lesson continues with meditating on Proverbs 3:5.
Proverbs 3:5 NIV
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding.

God has plans to teach us more about trust and how to trust. We will focus our first lesson on simply the first word of our verse, trust, and what that really means. God is going to teach us how to trust and the different aspects of trust. It think it is going to be eye opening and so helpful. I am very, very excited to share it. I will send it to everyone via email and post it on www.wordforthebusywoman.com. If you want to discontinue the series or begin the Walk the Bible please email me @ mail@wordforthebusywoman.com to let me know.

Look for the new Meditation It's Easy. Let's Use it. lesson coming your way soon, hopefully tonight. With being out of town for the holiday and no computer to use, I had a lot of writing and typing to do today. I am actually writing several things at once. I started a new book today as well as my Bible studies. Sometimes I am not sure why it works out that way, but I must follow God's direction. Maybe one day I will understand why I feel directed to write so many different things at once.

Thank Ladies!
Love,
Truly

No comments:

Post a Comment