Sunday, August 28, 2016

Speak Blessing Over Others - Week 4 of God's Favor Series

Speak Blessings Over Others


Hello wonderful ladies of God! I hope you are delighting in seeing God’s favor more. I am elated over this series. It is giving me a greater appreciation of the goodness of our God in so many ways. This week I want to return to the subject of extending God’s favor to others. In week 3 of this study we found that Numbers 6:24-26 was a splendid way to bless people and extend God’s favor over them. Just the other day God pointed out yet another incredible part of this blessing from God. I am thrilled to learn this and share it with you!


I want to begin with looking at this blessing in a different version to help us realize how powerful these words crafted by God can be to the receiver. Yes I am naming the person we declare blessing and favor over the “receiver”, even if they are not asking for it or aware of it. You probably question this. You may ask, “How can they receive something that they are not cognizance of?” They may not know that we bless them with the words of God but that does not mean God’s words are void. Honestly I am not 100% certain they are receiving it but I choose to believe they will. Why not call them the “receivers” if it declares yet something else beneficial for them. We can examine this further another time. For now let’s focus on this gracious blessing in words from God.


Remember the words of Numbers 6:24-26 are from God, given to Aaron and his sons to use for blessing the Israelites. They were told by God to say his words to the Israelites. Let’s look at the Amplified version briefly before I show you the actual power involved in speaking God’s words over others.



Numbers 6: 24-27

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the way you shall bless the Israelites. Say to them:


The Lord bless you, and keep you [protect you, sustain you, and guard you];


The Lord make His face shine upon you [with favor],
And be gracious to you [surrounding you with lovingkindness];


The Lord lift up His countenance (face) upon you [with divine approval],
And give you peace [a tranquil heart and life].’

So Aaron and his sons shall put My name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”


Wow! That version really makes me want to speak blessings over everyone. God’s words exude love and care for us. You simply can’t miss God’s abundant love for his people in these scriptures. And the fact that God wants us to declare them over his people as a blessing is a privilege beyond what we deserve, or at least I feel that way. The word “privilege” hardly describes what I am feeling given this opportunity to bless others. This is such an honor to serve God and his people in this way. It humbles my heart before God that I am allowed to do this! I love the benefit both the receiver and the blessing speaker receive. We get to feel closer to God and worthy to do something so amazing for others. 


Now let’s look at what God showed me in his words in Numbers 6: 24-27 that is very significant. I managed to pass right over it before. Read Numbers 6:27 in any version. 


Numbers 6:27 AMP

“So Aaron and his sons shall put My name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”


God said that Aaron and his sons will be putting his name on the Israelites. When these words are spoken to bless someone the words in fact put God’s name on them. 


Do you want to put God Almighty’s name on someone?  


YES, YES, YES!


I have the ability to put God’s name on people, and He will bless them. We do have this privilege to speak blessing and favor over God’s people, all people, because of Jesus! We have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. We are also a part of the royal priesthood!



1 Peter 2:9

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.



This week let’s take this honor and responsibility and run with it. I say let’s quote the words of Numbers 6:24-26 as much as possible and gain joy from doing it. This is refreshing for me and probably many of you. I am not praying to God for my needs or even others needs, I am declaring God’s blessing over people and putting his name on them! My heart is literally beating faster just thinking about this Word from God to us ladies! This is from God. 


Take the great words of God from Numbers 6:24-26 in the Amplified version if you want and use them! You don’t need to be with that person to speak this over them. You don’t need to shout it. You don’t need to do anything but with your sweet, sincere heart speak it over others and your Father God will bless them.



 Numbers 6: 24-27

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, ‘This is the way you shall bless the Israelites. Say to them:


The Lord bless you, and keep you [protect you, sustain you, and guard you];The Lord make His face shine upon you [with favor],
And be gracious to you [surrounding you with lovingkindness];The Lord lift up His countenance (face) upon you [with divine approval],
And give you peace [a tranquil heart and life].’



So Aaron and his sons shall put My name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.”


No comments:

Post a Comment